"Dawgs of The World Unite"
Sunday, October 28, 2007
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Tony Barnhart has it right; quit the bitching and moaning, this game belongs in Jacksonville. As Dawg fans, we should all take pride in the fact that this game/event is one of the great traditions in college football. When Dooley used to carry us down to Jacksonville and routinely hand UF an ass kicking, the gators were the only ones complaining about the “neutral” site.
Now I will admit that we have travel issues; UGA is one of the only “major” schools that can’t fly out of their home-town (they have to drive 1hr & 45mins to Atlanta, go thorough security, make the flight, travel to hotel, etc./ UF gets on the bus and makes a 45min drive). Not to worry, our very own D-Qwan is on top of the issue and I expect us flying in-and-out of Athens before you know it…(D-Qwan: keep up the strong lobby, The Dawg Nation is counting on you)
Well, I don’t know what to expect from this game. The way we’ve shown up for the last couple of games its pretty easy to expect an ass kicking; but I’ve got a strange feeling about this one, and CMR usually finds away to pull something unexpected off every season. I do know one thing; I’m going to enjoy this event like I do every year and let’s just hope that we’re all toasting our cocktails when the final gun fires…
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Monday, October 22, 2007
The Larry Munson Drinking Game
Maybe Larry will show up and do the game; if so, enjoy the "Larry Munson Drinking Game."
The Larry Munson drinking game by Nate McCullough (UGA class of '93)
1) When Larry says "Get the picture now" everyone must do a shot to start the game.
2) The first time Larry says "Loren, whatdaya got?" everyone must reply "Well, Larry" in a high-pitched voice. The last one to do this becomes Loren and must say "I gotta drink" and then drink each time Larry says whatdaya got? for the first half. But at the start of the second half, "Loren" gets to say "I gotta drink for ———" and then gives away a drink to someone each time Larry says whatdaya got? "Loren" must do all this is a high-pitched Loren Smith voice.
3) If the real Loren tells a story that has nothing to do with the game, such as how much a player loves his mama or how the Girl Scout troop cooked s'mores for the team, everybody drinks one.
4) If Loren actually says something useful, like telling what's wrong with an injured player, everyone drinks three.
5) Every time Larry exagerates a figure, whether it be yardage, the speed of the wind, how cold it is, etc. everyone drinks two. Examples: "and he kicked it up past the moon" "the wind's blowing a hundred miles an hour" "it's fourth down and 27 miles" etc.
6) The first time Larry bemoans how much trouble the Bulldogs are in when they are clearly in control of the game, everyone drinks two. Example: "The Dawgs are up 31-0, but they've (they being UAB, Central Florida, Vanderbilt, etc.) got that little fast tailback and you know he can just explode for a thousand yards at any moment." Every time after that when Larry talks about how much trouble the Dawgs are in, everyone drinks one. (If, by consensus, the group decides the Dawgs actually are in trouble, "Loren" drinks two.)
7) Every time Larry says "There's no time" everyone drinks one. If more than five minutes are left in the game when he says there's no time, everyone drinks two. Ten minutes, three. If more than a quarter remains, everyone does a shot of tequila.
8) Every time Scott Howard interupts Larry, everyone drinks one.
9) Every time Larry talks about the fans coming into/going out of the stadium, everyone drinks one.
10) Every time Larry mentions the officials, everyone drinks one.
11) Every time Larry says "whatchmacallit," everyone drinks three.
12) If the game ends on a spectacular play with Larry saying something like "OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!" and then nothing for like a minute, leaving you to think he might've died, everyone drinks one for each "GOD" Larry shouts.
13) If Georgia beats Florida, everyone drinks a toast to the Dawgs and yells, "Go Dawgs!"
14) If Larry ever says the phrase "hob-nailed boot" again, everyone poors their drink into a boot and "Loren" drinks it.
15) If at the end of the game, Larry says "Old Lady Luck smiled on us" everyone toasts Old Lady Luck and drinks a shot.
16) Anyone in the room not rooting for the Dawgs must double the amount of drinks taken. Any Florida fans in the room must triple it. Since Tech fans are wusses and don't drink, they must substitute getting puched in the head by "Loren."
Friday, October 19, 2007
So It Begins...
PWD has some suggestions for what to do during this off weekend before our match up with the gayturds. So which one are you; the Optimist or Pessimist???
Link: "What to do During the Off Week"
Thursday, October 18, 2007
Everyone seems to have something else going on, so the get together (at my place) for the Cocktail Party is officially off. The good news is that we'll probably win the game; my house hasn't exactly been good luck over the years (then again, only twice in the past 15-years have the Dawgs had any luck in that game).
Florida week is usually the busiest week on DOTWU, so stay tuned and maybe we’ll have a good post or two…
And for those of you that we haven’t had a chance to talk to yet, I’d like to announce that another future “Dawg” is on the way; Robin is expecting!!!
Thursday, October 04, 2007
For those of you who were not at the Ole Miss Game or didn't listen on the radio, much has been made of the playing of "Crank That" by Soulja Boy in Sanford Stadium at a key point during the game which helped lead the dawgs to victory. If the Redcoat Band plays "Crank That" at the next home game, Kyle King over at DawgSports.com has made this promise:
I want this to happen, so much so that I am willing to put my money where my mouth is, much as Vince Dooley did when he told the 1976 Bulldogs that, if they won the S.E.C. championship and beat Georgia Tech, he would shave his head. (They did and he did.)
I'm not going to shave my head, but I will make this promise. If, at the next Georgia home game (against Troy on November 3), the Redcoat Band plays "Crank That" and the crowd participates in the dance as part of an orchestrated effort, I will learn this dance, tape myself doing it, post it on YouTube, and publish the YouTube clip here at Dawg Sports.
Write your band director. Write your athletic director. Write your Congressman. Make this happen.
This will be comedy gold!
I bring all this up to point out the best Comment ever received here at DOTWU (granted we don't receive very many) that was posted a couple of days ago in response to the Foster's and Corona post:
1 Comment - Show Original Post
The forces of Mexico and Australia handled Bama, and Soulja Boy led us to triumph over Ole Miss. How are these mysterious forces linked?
10/02/2007 8:19 AM
Just to clarify; Speedy = Mexico/Corona & Taz = Australia/Fosters (Tasmania is an Australian island and state of the same name)
So, Victory at UT should be as simple as drinking a Foster's & Corona and listening to "Crank That" at some point during the game. Easy enough...
Also, with that looming game in Jacksonville in the back or our minds, Chad has made a "don't taze me bro" t-shirt after that UF douche bag. Check it out here: Don't Taze Me Bro!
Monday, October 01, 2007
Sorry for the Drunk Dialing...
Shortly after Alabama kicked the go-ahead field go in OT we began to feel that our luck was running out. Reich decided it was time for a change; after a long night of drinking Budweiser, which had seen us to a tie in regulation but an obvious momentum shift toward the Crimson Tide late in the game; Reich reached deep into the cooler of left over beer from Jay-Bird's weeding and proclaimed "the Mexicans and Australians are gonna come together to defeat the Tide." My God was he right!!! Not two minutes after we toasted our diverse imports did the Dawgs win the game in one fantastic play! The photo below was taken shortly after this glorious event; and my apologies to those whom I drunk dialed in the early hours of that Sunday morning.
The Big Play…One and Done Baby!!
credit: ugamummra; http://www.bulldawgblawg.com
Because most of the folks that I drunk dialed that night had some type of excuse for not being able to make it over to my place for the Tennessee game on Saturday, I’ve decided to postpone our little get together (which will also be the 5th annual Latimer Dawg Party) until the Florida game on the 27th. The cocktail party always makes for a good time and with Foster’s and Corona on our side, maybe…just maybe that “W” will be a little easier to come by…
The West Helms Jersey is a Staple of the Latimer’s annual Dawg Party; although I’m not quite sure why Barry likes to wear it when he plays Guitar Hero???
After a slow start, the Dawgs took care of business against Ole Miss and let’s hope that Richt continues his dominance in hostile environments against UT.
In other news, the Vandy game is set to kickoff at 6pm and will be aired on ESPN2.
WWMD…What Would Munson Do? To check out how Larry might have called that final play at ‘Bama:
credit: ugamummra; http://www.bulldawgblawg.com
Y'all have a good week...