Thursday, August 14, 2008

Back From The Beach

I'm back from the annual family vacation, which means the Dawgs kickoff in only a matter of days. For me, the family vacation in Seagrove is when the football season really starts. I get to relax, do some fishing/kayaking, and read some pre-season mags to get the football mind-set going. My level of excitement is at an all-time high at this "Post Seagrove" stage. Upon my return, the season tickets had been delivered (so glad I made those donations after graduation, better ROI than oil futures), the Dawgs were the talk of the college football nation, and Knowshon will soon be gracing the cover of ESPN The Magazine’s College Football Preview (we also made some version of the Sports Illustrated Preview). Check out the feature article from the magazine on Knowshon here; it will answer your questions on how the kid ended up in Athens…

On a somber note, I was saddened to learn that Skip Caray had passed away last week. I grew up with the voice of Skip & Pete on TBS as I followed the Braves and my childhood baseball dreams. Later in life, hearing those two call a game together just made me feel at home and reminded me of being a kid again. Skip made the call for what I consider the most exciting moment I’ve ever experienced as a sports fan --- Cabrera drives in Bream to win the National League Pennant!


Only 16-days...

GO DAWGS!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home