Monday, November 12, 2007

Das Boot! Das Boot! Das Boot!

In my 10+ years of attending Georgia Football games in Athens, this past Saturday ranks near the top of my list. The shift in culture that we witnessed with the “celebration” down in Florida was palpable ‘tween the hedges’ on Saturday. Like D-Qwan, I wasn’t too excited about the whole black jersey thing or the “blackout,” but when I walked into that stadium (wearing my black shirt) I was amazed. Having attended most of Georgia’s home games over the last 10-years, I have a mental image burned into my head of how Sanford Stadium looks at kickoff time on gameday. When I got to my seats on Saturday and looked around, that image was replaced, and to quote CMR “It was like something out of a movie.” After a few minutes of blackout induced disorientation, I gained back my bearings and witnessed one of the most fun and exciting games/atmospheres that I’ve ever been part of. From the Red warm-up jerseys to the black game jerseys, the blacked out stadium, the Moreno & Brown runs, Stafford’s passes & Bailey’s catches, and the Soulja Boy dance after Auburn took the lead early in the second half; this was one of those games that will be talked about for a long time. This team is playing loose, having fun, and WINNING! Watch out Kentucky…

I love me some YouTubes...




The culture shift wasn’t only displayed ‘tween the hedges’; at our very own DOTWU tailgate Reich decided early that “Oh…I’m gonna drink that damn [German] boot!” You are probably asking yourself WTF? Well, A little explanation…




While not exactly following the advice provided by our Beerfest friends; Reich did manage to kick ass at the "Das Boot!" competitions being held at our neighboring tailgate; he made us all proud!

Das Boot! Das Boot! Das Boot!



The 12:30 kickoff on Saturday sucks; but what can you do???

Oh...That’s right, Pancakes & Beer!

- E

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home