Saturday, September 06, 2008

Tell me that wasn't awesome





In honor of yet another feat of athletic prowess from #24, I present the Knowshon Maraschino:
  • 2.4 ounces of Maker's Mark
  • 2/3 ounce sweet vermouth
  • 2 dashes of Angostura Bitters
Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Stir 205 times, once for every yard Knowshon had against Florida last year. Strain into a chilled glass and garnish with two maraschino cherries. Upon eating the first, yell "did you see that?!" On the second, "touchdown!"

In the interest of complete candor, I'm not sure if I actually coined the pun that is the name of this drink, or if I heard it somewhere else, maybe last year. When I was six years old, I independently mentally invented air bags and cruise control, at least as far as I remember. But the recipe is all mine, except that it is basically a super-sized Manhattan. Either way, it's a delicious drink and I suggest at your next indoor tailgate at General Beauregard's you hand the barkeep a dollar (for the tip, because drinks are apparently free) and demand a Knowshon Maraschino.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home