Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Who does #3 work for?

Not much to say this week - I actually missed the majority of the South Carolina game. At first, I was irritated that I had to spend Saturday afternoon moving. In hindsight, that's probably a good thing. What I did catch on either the TV or the radio was a two-point conversion, a dropped pass, two three-and-outs, and South Carolina throwing an interception to kill their last drive. As soon as I heard that Oklahoma jumped us in the polls, I immediately pictured Auburn 2004. As much as the pundits want you to believe that they were shut out of the championship game because of the weakness of their schedule, the true reason is because USC and Oklahoma were ranked higher to start the season. Last year and this year, voters seem more likely to reshuffle the deck even if no teams lose (though it usually involves Georgia dropping. Thanks ESPN!), so perhaps there is no reason to fret. However, I think Oklahoma will get just as much praise for a tough schedule as Georgia, and nobody is going to drop USC without a Trojan loss.

But, that is getting way ahead. There are still nine games left, plus a conference championship game. If we win all of those, I will be elated no matter what happens (I swear).

Check out the look-alike message board thread created by Arizona State fans. My favorite is Dannelle Ellerbe/Scariest Person on the planet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home